Parish Council - Minutes July 2017

 

 

OLD LAUND BOOTH PARISH COUNCIL

www.fence-in-pendle.co.uk

CLERK: REBECCA AF HAY

OLLISTAN

239 RED LEES ROAD

CLIVIGER

NR. BURNLEY

BB10 4RF

 

MINUTES OF THE MEETING HELD ON JULY 3RD, 2017, IN FENCE VILLAGE HALL.

Present: Couns B. Newman,, J. Heaps, N.Goodall, J. Myers and I. Hargreaves  and one  member of the public.

1. Apologies for absence

Couns. Hall and Cropper and County Coun. Wakeford.

2. Declaration of interests

None.

3. Questions from residents

Mr N. Fish, the new owner of the former post office attended the meeting to give details of his plans for the shop. He asked for permission to remove the phone box and relocate it to the village hall, at no cost to the parish council. This was agreed. The clerk to contact BT re cutting the electrical supply off.

He also asked about the area by the bench at the corner of Wheatley Lane Road to be flagged up to allow people to walk to the bench. The clerk to contact LCC.

4 Minutes of the last meeting

These were accepted, with the minor amendment on Harpers Garden, which should have read to return the azelas to Peter Wray.

4. Matters arising from minutes

4.1 Harpers Garden

A quote for £1,800 including VAT was received for work on the wall, digging out the tree and bushes  and tidying up the garden was agreed. Two volunteers have offered to keep the area tidy once the plants are in. Coun. Myers had sorted out a sign from Slate Age.

4.2 Play area

Work has now finished, the play area inspection is due this month. Coun. Newman to check if there are adequate bins.

4.3 Street furniture painting

Coun. Newman said there was some waterproof paint for the benches left. Coun. Heaps to organise the painting of the benches..

4.4 Water running down Harpers Lane

United Utitilies has sorted out the problem and LCC to clean the gullies. Coun Hargreaves said there was another water spillage problem  in the area.

4.5 Pendle Forest Sports Club

The club say they are in close contact with their neighbours and there have been no reports of any access problems with vehicles parking for sporting events. However they will remind visitors not to block the access.


5  Reports from outside bodies

Coun. Newman confirmed LCC would carry out two cuts of the grass this year, the first to take place this week.

6 Correspondence

Information on Merchant Navy day was received.

7.  Planning

17/03/06AGD – change of use of barn to dwelling at Cuckstool Lane – no objections.

17/0262/HHO – alterations to the roof and erection of dormer at 16 Wheatcroft Avenue – no objections

Coun. Heaps said Roosters in Higham had submitted an application for an extension.


8. Finance

Authorised payments were made to:

£311.61 - Rebecca Hay, clerk's salary and expenses.
£117-  D. Halstead, lengthsman's salary and expenses...
£31.62 – Clerk’s pension contribution.
£127 – PDS Landscape for play area and village hall grass cutting
£12,000 – Landscape Engineering for play area work.
£89.24 – Slate Age for Harpers Garden sign.


9. Any other business

Coun. Heaps asked if a change of use planning permission was needed at Central Garage as a sales sign had gone up. Coun. Goodall (who declared an interest) said no permission was needed as the sales were carried out at a separate site at Lomeshaye.

Mr Addison had contacted Coun. Newman and asked if Skipton Properties could be approached and asked for the kerbs at the entrance to the new development to be dropped. The clerk to ask.

10  Date of next meeting

August 7th at 7 p.m. in Fence Village Hall.