Parish Council - Minutes Nov 2017 

 

OLD LAUND BOOTH PARISH COUNCIL

www.fence-in-pendle.co.uk

CLERK: REBECCA AF HAY

OLLISTAN

239 RED LEES ROAD

CLIVIGER

NR. BURNLEY

BB10 4RF

 


MINUTES OF THE MEETING HELD ON NOVEMBER 7TH, 2017, IN FENCE VILLAGE HALL.

Present: Couns B. Newman, J. Heaps, N.Goodall, J. Myers, P. Shaw, plus one member of the public.

1. Apologies for absence

Coun. Hall, Hargreaves and Cropper

2. Declaration of interests

None.

3. Questions from residents

Mr E.Nutter asked why Pendle had not collected the bins last Thursday in certain areas. This was due to Harpers Lane being closed and the bins had now been collected following the intervention of Coun. Newman.

He asked for the new dual bin at Noggarth Road to be emptied more frequently. The clerk to do this and also to report a damaged 30mph sign near the bin.

Mr Nutter reported an unauthorised entry which has been made from 9 Hoarstones Avenue onto Wheatley Lane Road. The clerk to pass this to Pendle.

He asked when the dropped kerbs will be installed at the new development on the site of the former Panaz Mill. The clerk confirmed that this is the last jo the developer does once the houses are finished.

The village shop has asked for a dropped kerb outside the premises. The clerk to forward the request to LCC.

4 Minutes of the last meeting

These were accepted.

4. Matters arising from minutes


4.1 Damage to footpath at the corner of Harpers Lane and Laund Gate

No reply from BT and LCC investigating. It is understood BT has been to look at the site, but no work has yet been done.

4.2 Overhanging trees on Harpers Lane

LCC is investigating.


4.3 White lines on A6068 bypass

These have now been re-painted onto the bypass.

4..4 Car park project

No reply from County Coun. Iddon. Coun. Newman now has plans and will chase up Coun. Iddon.

4.5 Play area

PDS Landscaping is to carry out the work to the picnic benches. Coun. Newman sorting out the gate lock and wall problems.

4.6 Planning notices

Pendle say there is different publicity for different application. For major applications, it is site notice, press and neighbours. For minor applications, if they can identify the neighbours, they write to them, but there is no other publicity and for all other applications they inform the parish council.

4.7 Roundabout at Greenhead Lane

LCC is investigating.

4.8 Sleigh Ride

It was agreed that this would take place on Sunday, December 10th at 5 p.m., with envelopes distributed the week before.

5  Reports from outside bodies

None.

6 Correspondence

Clerk’s Direct passed on the round robin.

Lancashire Volunteer Partnership posters received.

7.  Planning

17/0566/AGD proposals – prior approval notification for agricultural building to dwelling class QA and QC, change of use from agricultural building to dwelling and external alterations – at Raven Farm, Cuckstool Lane – no objections.

8. Finance

Authorised payments were made to:


£327.62 Rebecca Hay, clerk's salary and expenses.
£117 -   D. Halstead, lengthsman's salary and expenses...
£31.62 – Clerk’s pension contribution.
£127– PDS Landscape for play area and village hall grass cutting
£35 – J. Barritt – internal audito, PAYE.
£34.75 – B. Newman for plants and compost..

9. Any other business

Coun. Newman said work on Harpers Garden will start on November 7th.

Clerk to report two dog bins down on the bypass by Pendle Forest Sports Club.

Clarification was sought over the ownership of the road down to the sports club, this is land owned by the parish council and leased to the sports club.

To request hedge cutting from Pollard Row down to the Inghamite Church in Wheatley Lane Road.

Coun. Newman said a bonfire organised in aid of The Mayor of Pendle’s fund had raised £356.15 and was one of many events organised in the village.

Fence United is to pay for this year’s Christmas tree and the council will place and fit lights.
Coun. Myers asked for an update on Pendle’s policy on empty houses in the village. The clerk to check.

Coun. Heaps reported lights out at lamppost 150 and 127 on the bypass.

Clerk to ask LCC to clear drains from the junction of St Anne’s Drive up to Wheatley Lane Road.

Coun. Heaps asked  the clerk to check with Pendle re condition imposed on landowner of the field by The Sparrow Hawk as the gateway seems to have been widened again.

She also asked re bollards being put up at Woodside Cottages for safety. The clerk said LCC has already been consulted and they say they will not pay for bollards, but if residents want to put them up, they can, but they will be liable for any accidents or damage.

Complaints that floodlights around a sculpture at the former Bay Horse complex causing problems for drivers. Coun. Newman to speak to the owner.

10  Date of next meeting

December 5th at 7 p.m. in Fence Village Hall. No meeting in January.