Parish Council - Minutes Aug 2018

 

 

 

OLD LAUND BOOTH PARISH COUNCIL

 

www.fence-in-pendle.co.uk

CLERK: REBECCA AF HAY

OLLISTAN

239 RED LEES ROAD

CLIVIGER

NR. BURNLEY

BB10 4RF

MINUTES OF THE MEETING HELD ON AUGUST 6TH, 2018, IN FENCE VILLAGE HALL.

Present: Couns B. Newman, N.Goodall, J. Myers,, D. Hall, P. Shaw, I Hargreaves, J. Farrow and two members of the public.

1. Apologies for absence

Coun. D. Hall.

2. Declaration of interests

None..

3. Questions from residents

Mr I Hutchinson asked whether any progress had been made following his complaint of damage by contractors working nearby on footpath 43 at Harpers Lane. The clerk to contact LCC.

4 Minutes of the last meeting

These were accepted..

4. Matters arising from minutes

4..1 Car park project

Barrowford and Western Parishes Committee had granted £2,500 towards the project. It was agreed that using the £2000 previously awarded by the committee and the council's account reserve of just under £3,000, the project could be started. Three quotes have been sought. Coun. Newman to discuss all the site details with the firms and to award the contract to the best quote. The clerk to contact Coun. Keith Iddon to confirm work will start soon.

4.2 Harpers Garden

Coun. Myers said although a disabled ramp has been installed, she was not certain it was quite wide enough for an electric wheelchair. Coun. Newman to check what the official specifications are from Pendle.

4.3 War memorial quote

Coun. Hall to organise the work.

4.4 Flower show

It was agreed the show had been a great success. A total of £201.90 plus proceeds from a cake stall had been raised and are to be used to kick start next year's event and purchase new trophies. Coun. Goodall said it was hoped to have the show as an annual event, with a tombola, barbecue and bouncy castle to attract more families.and maybe change the name slightly to reflect the more crafts entered.

It was agreed the former garden show committee distribute any funds it still holds to their chosen charity.

A meeting to discuss next year's dates and format is to be held.

4.5 Play area

Coun. Newman had weed killed the area and the noticeboard has been repaired. The picnic shed is to be secured in the ground .

4.6 Latch at walkway into school

This has been repaired.

5 Reports from outside bodies

None.

6 Correspondence

LCC had sent an update on outstanding items:

Potholes on Cuckstool Lane have been inspected and any defects will be repaired in due course.

Laund Gate has been inspected and no defects found.

A letter from Pendle saying it is considering changing its current cycle of electing borough councillors by thirds to all elections every four years. This is linked to another proposal to reduce the number of borough councillors from 49 to 30 in 2020. This will all be subject to a boundary review.

7. Planning

None

8. Finance

£100 received from LCC towards the Nifty Fifities bulb planting project.

Authorised payments were made to:

£326.64 - Rebecca Hay, clerk's salary and expenses.

£135.50- D. Halstead, lengthsman's salary and expenses...

£40.51 - Clerk's pension contribution...

£20- B. Newman, weed killer for play area..

£22 - PDS Landscaping for village hall cut.

£35 - J. Barritt - internal auditor.

£3.80 - DA Smith, PAYE.

£1,800 - S. Milligan for Harpers Garden renovation.

9. Any other business

Coun. Farrow said there were a lot of anti social behaviour problems going on at night down at Pendle Forest Sports Club and the officials are still looking at installing a electronically controlled gate . A dug out has been targeted this month.

Street lamps out on the bypass. Coun. Newman to pass the numbers to the clerk to report.

Coun. Goodall to look at the latch on the noticeboard near the former post office.

Coun. Shaw reported more car parking problems in Old Laund Street. An official sign is to be put up asking people to respect residents parking. Coun. Myers to organise.

Coun. Shaw reported a stop sign which has faded at Cuckstool Lane. The clerk to report.

10 Date of next meeting

September 3rd in Fence Village Hall at 7 p.m.