Parish Council - Minutes Sept 2018 

 

 

OLD LAUND BOOTH PARISH COUNCIL

www.fence-in-pendle.co.uk

 

CLERK: REBECCA AF HAY

OLLISTAN

239 RED LEES ROAD

CLIVIGER

NR. BURNLEY

BB10 4RF

 

 

MINUTES OF THE MEETING HELD ON SEPTEMBER 3RD, 2018, IN FENCE VILLAGE HALL.

Present: Couns B. Newman, N.Goodall, J. Myers, P. Shaw, I Hargreaves, J. Farrow and three members of the public.

1. Apologies for absence

Coun. D. Hall and Cropper.

2. Declaration of interests

None..

3. Questions from residents

Mr E. Nutter asked whether it had been confirmed by Pendle that the disabled access size at Harpers Garden was correct and Coun. Newman said it conformed with rules.

Mr Nutter also asked who enforced conditions imposed on planning applications. Coun. Newman confimed that Pendle is responsible for this.

Mrs J. Heaps spoke about dog waste and litter problems in the Cuckstool Lane and Greenhead Lane areas as well as at Old Laund Wood. She said there is a good citizen who collects the litter from the wood. It was agreed to ask Pendle regarding a dual bin near to The Forest pub.

Mrs Heaps raised overgrown footpaths in the Greenhead Lane area and Coun. Newman said he would ask the lengthsman to look at.

Mrs Heaps asked regarding the council audit and public inspection. The clerk confirmed that a notice had gone up in the noticeboard and on the council website (confirming he dates of the period for the exercise of public rights from June 4th to July 13th ) The audit has been completed by the internal auditor, but is now with the external auditor.

A resident of Greenbank Drive expressed concern over a Pendle Council van which is being parked nightly in the drive on a pavement and with bags of waste left in it. The residents have a clause in their deeds which states no large vehicles. There had been an incident of the amber warning light being left on all night on the van. Coun. Newman to raise at Barrowford and Western Parishes Committee.

4 Minutes of the last meeting

These were accepted, with an amendment to AOB to state the faded sign is at Harpers Lane and not Cuckstool.

4. Matters arising from minutes

4..1 Car park project

Planning permission has been applied for the car park by Coun. Newman. The clerk had arranged for 2.5 tonnes of infill to be delivered by LCC.

4.2 War memorial quote

Coun. Hall to organise the work.

4.3 Play area

PDS Landscapes does not now wish to do the work on securing the picnic hut. Coun. Newman is sourcing quotes for the work.

4.4 Car parking problems on Old Laund Street

Coun. Myers had organised a sign advising non residents of lack of parking on the street and it was agreed to site it at the top of the street.

5 Reports from outside bodies

None.

6 Correspondence

A request for double yellow lines on both sides of Laund Gate, where it meets Harpers Lane, has been received from a resident. He feels the turning from Harpers Lane is very dangerous due to parked cars. It was agreed to support this request and the clerk to forward to County Coun. Christian Wakeford and county highways to arrange an inspection of the area. A letter explaining this will be sent to the resident concerned.

7. Planning

None

8. Finance

Authorised payments were made to:

£12 – J. Myers for Old Laund street parking sign.

£349.93 - Rebecca Hay, clerk's salary and expenses.

£170.50- D. Halstead, lengthsman's salary and expenses...

£40.51 – Clerk’s pension contribution...

£172 – PDS Landscaping for grass cutting.

9. Any other business

Coun. Newman said police had spoken to 3 suspects regarding the anti social behaviour at Pendle Forest Sports Club and Coun. Farrow confirmed that things had quietened down lately.

10 Date of next meeting

October 1st, 2018 in Fence Village Hall at 7 p.m.